Employee Relations Specialist (Mat Cover)Employee Relations Specialist (Maternity Cover)
Purpose of the Role: This role is part of an operational, fast-paced People Team and is a combination of strategic, longer-term focus with a hands-on operational edge. As a member of the Haven People Team the ER Specialist will report in the to the Haven People Director.
As ER Specialist, you’ll be accountable for the delivery of Employee Relations case management and advisory services for leaders and teams across Haven Holiday Parks. You will deliver a balanced case management advisory service that reflects the need to manage risk, whilst maintaining commercial and business value responsibilities that align to our values. You’ll be accountable for delivering expert advisory services on complex HR cases that are of most significant cultural risk and legal importance to our business. Managing these cases up to and including any formal proceedings including hearings, appeals, ACAS Conciliations and Employment Tribunals.
You take the lead on employment/team advice issues (Employee Relations) in a pragmatic, business focused way. Managing complex disciplinary and grievance investigations, acting as the main point of contact for leaders and People Partners and directly from our Team Members. Providing specialist ER case management advisory and support services in complex, high risk or high profile cases, or where a case requires direct intervention. Working closely with and supporting the regional People Partners to provide a consistency of approach wherever possible.
You will coach leaders in the management of employee relations cases helping to develop their expertise in managing disciplinary, fair treatment, capability and performance related issues. Working with the L&D team to help create training workshops that improve knowledge and skills for leaders and teams in handling such issues, as well as analysis ER data to provide insight and solution. You will identify cases that require support and where appropriate lead on policy guidance, meetings, settlement discussions or provide mediation services to drive case resolution.
You will also support the business with shaping Employment related Policies. Working with the Policy Team you will provide balanced insight and feedback from an operational perspective to shape policies to ensure they are best for our business and team.
Our ideal candidate:
• We are looking for an exceptional HR professional who has a proven track record in a customer/guest facing business and is Human Resources qualified (preferably CIPD)
• Proven expertise in all aspects of HR specifically employee relations & employment law
• Able to think quickly and make strong decisions whilst being able to demonstrate highly developed empathy
Ability to do occasional Travel around the UK to support our operational parks
• Deep expertise and knowledge of employment matters and recent in-depth experience with ER Cases and Legislation Bodies
• Proven stakeholder management skills and relationship building at all levels
• Excellent verbal and written communications – the ability to break down complex information and communicate simply across a range of stakeholders
• Action-orientated with high energy, pace, agility and pragmatism driven to deliver advice that is efficient, professional and credible
The benefits of working with us:
• Competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
• 20% team member discount across Haven holidays, Warner Leisure Hotels and Butlin's for you, your family and friends
• 22 days annual leave rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service
• Government pension scheme and optional salary sacrifice scheme
• Reward and recognition schemes including long service
• Our online discount scheme (MyBourneHub) with loads of great deals
• Externally recognised qualifications that will give you the opportunity to progress and develop within Bourne Leisure
Bourne Leisure is one of the largest providers of holidays and holiday home ownership in the UK. Our brands Haven, Butlins and Warner Leisure Hotels are amongst the most recognised within the UK holiday market. Bourne Leisure has more than 6,000 team members that work across their three brands, which rises to nearly 14,000 during peak periods.
Haven is now the largest privately-owned holiday operator in the UK, with 38 Parks around the British Coastline. Our 23,500 holiday home owners and our 2.5 million holiday guests come to Haven each year to enjoy ‘a breath of fresh air’ experience at the seaside away from daily life and look forward to spending quality family time together.
We are also proud that we were voted 6th in the Sunday times Top 30 "Best Big Company to Work For".
We describe our team members, at all levels, as 'bright and breezy' people and you will need to have the right attitude for consistently living by dare to care, yes I can, keep it simple, make it fun and do the right thing for our guests. Our mission is to give our guests a great time with memories that last a lifetime. In return, we can offer you career opportunities of a lifetime.
Bourne Leisure Head Office
1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4YL GBR
20 November 2019
26 February 2020