Commercial Analyst - Haven
At Haven, our mission is to give our guests a great time with memories that last a lifetime. Now the largest privately owned holiday operator in the UK, we are also proud that we were voted 5th in the Sunday times Top 30 "Best Big Company to Work For".
Due to Haven's continued investment and growth, we are looking to expand our Commercial Team and create new roles within our structure. We have an exciting new opportunity for a Commercial Analyst to join our team to provide financial leadership and commercial support to the Haven Holiday Parks.
The role provides support to the commercial team with bespoke aspects of analysis and reporting including analytical support to one-off / annual projects, such as budgeting process, inventory and channel allocations, new season pricing, capacity planning, etc. As a new role, it offers the opportunity to really create, own and shape the Commercial Analysis function, ensuring it achieves a balance with guest, team & business drivers.
An appreciation that great customer service delivery combined with good financial control will deliver great financial results is vital.
• Work with the central Commercial Team to ensure that robust plans are in place to deliver the budgeted EBITDA for the year.
• Provide analytical support to the development of the revenue management strategy that will underpin Haven’s growth over the next 5 years
• Take ownership of Haven’s commercial reporting activities, designing, maintaining and updating key business reporting tools.
• Support key strategic projects by conducting bespoke pre- and post-analysis to allow informed and prioritised decisions to be made.
• Provide business cases and tracking/analysis for various projects and initiatives.
• Ensure the budget process is robust and the key assumptions are fully understood by the central and park teams.
You will ideally have experience of working in a retail or similar customer facing business and will be able to demonstrate the following:
Financial and Analytical skills
You be an experienced analysis with a good grasp of financial metrics and management reporting. You will be comfortable dealing with large amounts of data and be able to turn this into useful management information.
A genuine interest in understanding how operations work and an ability to stand back and identify potential improvements to the guest experience and/or the profitability of the business.
You will demonstrate an ability to analyse and question information, think through options and reach sound conclusions.
An ability to communicate financial information/analyses in a simple, ‘down to earth’ style, ensuring the key points are highlighted and clearly understood.
Leadership and Motivation
A ‘can do’ attitude, with the ability to provide a clear sense of purpose and direction to the Commercial Team (both at head office and on park).
Excel and Powerpoint skills should be excellent. SQL or Tableau experience would be beneficial.
Interpersonal Skills and relationship building
You will have good stakeholder management skills and therefore be able to influence their behaviour and decision making.
The ability to deliver a number of interdependent priorities, operating, at times, within a context of ambiguity.
Bourne Leisure Head Office
1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4YL GBR
3 April 2019
27 September 2019