Chopstix - Kitchen Assistant
Chopstix Kitchen Team Member
To work together as a team, treating everyone with courtesy, dignity and respect always.
To fully support the team in food preparation and in maintaining the highest standards of health, hygiene, safety and cleanliness at all times.
To put our customers’ happiness at the centre of everything we do, providing a Faster, Fresher and Tastier dining experience, to every customer every time.
About the role
To work together as a team, communicating effectively and always being willing to help and support my team to get the job done.
Welcoming and helping to train new and current members of the team.
To attend regular team and Company meetings where required, including daily team briefings.
To make sure that I am friendly, approachable, helpful and respectful towards every customer.
To know the menu inside out so I can assist in preparing dishes that always meet company specifications.
Making sure I always prepare the correct amount of food, as directed and in accordance with company guidelines, ensuring enough food is available whenever needed and keeping food wastage to an absolute minimum.
Cutting and preparing raw ingredients, cooking fried side dishes, responding quickly to food requests and making sure enough food is prepared for the next shift.
Making sure our food is always of the highest quality, reporting anything that doesn’t meet our standards immediately.
To report any shortfalls, breaches or discrepancies in relation to food, food handling, food hygiene and health and safety to the Shift Leader in a timely manner.
To make sure the whole kitchen area, including all machines, cooking equipment, fridges, freezers, storage areas, bins and utensils are kept to the highest level of cleanliness and safety at all times.
Knowing and understanding how to use the kitchen equipment and machinery safely and properly.
To make sure that I am fully up to date with all H&S training.
Ensuring the Company Health, Hygiene and Safety Standards are being met at all times, including timely completion of checklists and ensuring food is stored and cooked at specified temperatures.
To deal with or tell my manager about any faulty equipment or anything that could put at risk the health, safety and welfare of others…quickly!
The ideal candidate
Passion and potential always come first at Chopstix!
• We also look for a genuine passion for food and cooking, customer satisfaction, delivering the highest of standard, working in a busy environment, producing quality dishes which meet company guidelines and working closely with others a part of a team
• Previous kitchen and cooking experience working within the fast-paced world of hospitality would be good but is not essential as full training is provided
The benefits of working with us:
* 50% off food in our restaurants and take away every shift you work
* Regular team incentives with great rewards
* Opportunity to earn an attractive bonus when you refer a friend to join our great team
* Holidays Discounts of 20% for all of your family & friends in Haven, Butlins & Warner Hotels
* 20% off in our shops and venues
* Free use of Pool, Gyms and many other Leisure facilities
*Access to the Employee Assistance Programme including support for your wellbeing and free access to advice and expertise on financial and legal matters etc
*Fantastic discounts when making purchases from most major retailors and hundreds of discounts on everyday purchases
*Team Member of the Month Awards
*Instant Recognition schemes with great rewards through our busiest times
*Long Service awards for permanent team members
Safeguarding is one of our business priorities. Our teams are committed to providing a safe and secure environment and promoting the welfare of children and young or vulnerable adults.
Craig Tara Holiday Park
Dunure Road, Ayr KA7 4LB GBR
11 May 2022
20 May 2022