Head of FP&A
Head of FP&A
Full Time / Permanent
Competitive Salary + 25% Yearly Bonus
The Haven Finance Function are on the lookout for an exceptional Head of FP&A candidate. As a key finance leader in the business, the role will provide oversight and guidance for the overall financial performance of the Haven business, both internally and to shareholders, across P&L, cashflow and balance sheet. The scope of the role includes leading the annual budgeting and forecasting cycles, capital appraisals and capital management as well financial modelling of longer-term strategic plans, scenarios, and M&A.
Do you have the right experience behind your
FP&A belt and looking for something that will give you real breadth in building
the final foundations to reach your goal of becoming a Branded Financial Director?
If so, this is the role for you! With a wide range of exciting projects to get
involved with (Such as reviewing the next 3-5 year Strategic Plan, looking at
how this comes to life and looking to how Haven can best deploy capital within
this time frame), there will be plenty to fully enhance your experience.
To learn, develop and become an expert in a key area of the business by:
- Undertaking reporting activities, covering all of the overall Haven brand financial performance including KPIs, variance analysis, insight and commentary, working with the retail, operational and central cost finance teams
- Preparing the monthly board pack and commentary for financial performance and capital spend. Providing commercial decision support for the brand and main boards.
- Working closely with our investors Blackstone, ensuring all reporting activity is completed accurately and on time
- Leading and overseeing the brand budgeting and forecasting cycles, including commentary on consolidated position and business partnering with Directors on decisions there-in.
- Strong focus on timely reporting of management information, blending financial and operational performance metrics to drive profitability across the business and supporting a culture of incisive decision making.
- Providing high-level analytical support and scenario planning to the senior leadership and assist in strategic business decisions
- Supporting in the evolution of the brand 3/5 year strategic plans, including the financial modelling, appraisals required and the associated capital investment plan.
- Overseeing the capex team, including management of capital spend to plan, ROI analysis and pre and post investment appraisals.
- M&A and expansion opportunities – providing financial modelling and appraisal support and ensuring relevant due diligence is carried out as required.
- Supporting with post acquisition integration planning.
- Coaching and development of the wider finance team to ensure we have a highly skilled, fulfilled team with a pipeline of finance talent for the future.
- Working with the central finance team to provide oversight of cashflow forecasting and management, including management of the balance sheet and related working capital movements
What we’d like you to bring:
- Ability to quickly understand drivers behind results and communicate effectively to all levels of the business.
- Able to simplify complex situations to facilitate insight and decision making
- Strong analytical skills and commercial understanding.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge, collaborate and drive results whilst maintaining team cohesion
- Oversight of annual budgets; Turnover c.£700m, EBITDA c.£200m, Capital c.£150m
- Able to work in a fast moving, varied environment, balancing attention to detail and willingness to roll sleeves up, with the ability to comprehend the bigger picture
- Proven background of having direct reports and managing a large wider team
- An ambitious individual with a strong track record, looking to take the next step in their career ahead of potentially moving to a Finance Director level role in the future.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA ideally first passes) with 7-10 years post qualified experience.
- Experience in a multi-site, consumer facing environment
- Prior experience of interacting with and presenting to Board Level executives.
- Finance Business Partnering experience with demonstrable value-add achievements
- Strong Excel skills – prior experience of financial modelling desirable.
- Strong academic background including university level education.
- Ability to manage their own and the wider finance team’s workload and priorities in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Prior experience of Private Equity environments desirable.
- Sharp commercial acumen, with the ability to help others understand the commercial rationale behind decisions.
- Prior experience of budgeting/forecasting and business intelligence tools desirable.
Who are we?
As the UK’s leading holiday operator, a career at Bourne Leisure can offer more than just a job. Wherever you join us, we have plenty of exciting opportunities for development, over 17,000 fantastic team members and 55 beautiful locations and our HQ based in Hemel Hempstead. From Scotland to Cornwall, Norfolk to Wales, our resorts and hotels are dotted along some of the most breath-taking parts of the great British coastline and the most beautiful countryside, providing memories that last a lifetime for guests, owners, and team. We’re passionate about what we do, and we have a great time doing it, all of which is reflected in our unique culture. We welcome all new talent with open arms and support your journey with Bourne Leisure in any way we can.
What's it like to work with us?
Ultimately, it’s our people and teams that make us an employer of choice.
At Bourne Leisure, we care about you as an individual – whether you are office based, home based or a mixture of the two, we are open and transparent in our approach and welcome the same approach in return. We are a place where talent thrives and gives you the autonomy to be the master of your own path. We are supportive and collaborative, giving you the opportunity to learn, ask questions and work with different people throughout the business. We are one great team, and we celebrate successes as an individual and as a collective with our teams.
Together, we create an Inclusive &
Diverse environment where everyone is valued and respected which supports our talented
teams to develop and grow. After launching our new Inclusion & Diversity
Commitment in 2020. Bourne Leisure make a commitment to you to make sure that
every employee feels included – we want you to feel that your voice can be
heard, that you belong, you feel valued, your opinion matters and you never
feel left out.
What’s In It for You?
- Competitive holiday allowance that rises with service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Annual bonus
- 20% discount for any Haven, Butlins or Warner holiday for you, friends, and family.
- Wellbeing support across several different topics
- Opportunities to use our corporate box at The O2 arena for music, comedy, sport, and entertainment events
- Exclusive discounts with several corporate partners
- Access to fantastic learning and development opportunities, including Apprenticeships & Degrees
- Real career pathways
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, go ahead and apply!
1 Park Ln, Hemel Hempstead HP2 4YL GBR
27 April 2022
18 May 2022