PA to Managing Director
We have a new exciting position available for a PA to the MD and Exec team to join us, offering outstanding support to our Leadership Team.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, dynamic and ideally with experience of working cross functionally for a large company. This role will provide first- class, personal assistant support to the Haven MD and other members of the Haven Executive Team to ensure the most effective use of their time and support with administrative tasks.
Effective diary management and time management for the MD and Exec Team:
• Process diary requests for meeting, 1:1s, accommodation bookings, travel arrangements for Haven MD and designated members of the Executive team in Haven.
• Look for opportunities to maximise the efficiency of the team, filter requests where appropriate and manage productivity.
• Co-ordinate the diary management for the whole Haven executive for meetings/calls/events relating to them as a team.
Team meeting set up:
• Arrange meeting rooms/venues and appropriate resources
• Proactively manage diary clashes/planning, maximise efficiency and reduce duplication of meetings.
• Funnel requests for updates or meetings to regular meetings to mitigate duplication.
• Circulate pre-reads
• Lead and support the Haven MD with PowerPoint presentation preparation for meetings and conferences as required
• Manage expenses claims for MD and Designated haven Exec
• Arrange accommodation and travel requirements as requested
• Pro-actively look at diary’s and advance book travel and accommodation in line with individual preferences
• Invoice Processing
• Holiday tracking for MD and Executive team
• Actively manage email inboxes for MD as requested
• Attend virtual and physical Exec meetings to take minutes and manage follow up and actions efficiently.
• Report collation for all board reports ( and other ad hoc) monthly for MD.
Other General Duties:
• Process new starter paperwork as appropriate for MD and Exec Team
• Work with individual Exec to agree individual preference on levels of support to deliver efficient support coverage.
• Liaise with other PA’s/Admin support across the business as required to ensure efficient cross functional working.
• Other activities as identified by Executive Team to support business priorities.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Proven experience in a similar role
• Strong attention to detail and ability to lead the MD and organise their time effectively.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Able to effectively prioritise and manage competing demands
• Apply organisation skills to increase effectiveness, quality and impact on the business
• Accurate reporting
• Ability to use initiative and challenge the norm to always ensure continuous improvement in ways of working.
• Discretion when dealing with private and confidential information
• Proactive approach to individually identifying requirements across the Executive leadership team.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and able to make decisions effectively to build credibility at all levels
• Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure deadlines are met, with the ability to prioritise workload without close supervision.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Advanced Word, Excel and Powerpoint skills is essential
Additional bonus if you have experience working with a digital team
The benefits of working with us:
• Competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
• 20% team member discount across Haven holidays, Warner Leisure Hotels and Butlin's for you, your family and friends
• 22 days annual leave rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service
• Government pension scheme and optional salary sacrifice scheme
• Reward and recognition schemes including long service
• Our online discount scheme (MyBourneHub) with loads of great deals
• Externally recognised qualifications that will give you the opportunity to progress and develop within Bourne Leisure
Bourne Leisure is one of the largest providers of holidays and holiday home ownership in the UK. Our brands Haven, Butlins and Warner Leisure Hotels are amongst the most recognised within the UK holiday market. Bourne Leisure has more than 6,000 team members that work across their three brands, which rises to nearly 14,000 during peak periods.
Haven is now the largest privately-owned holiday operator in the UK, with 38 Parks around the British Coastline. Our 23,500 holiday home owners and our 2.5 million holiday guests come to Haven each year to enjoy ‘a breath of fresh air’ experience at the seaside away from daily life and look forward to spending quality family time together.
We are also proud that we were voted 6th in the Sunday times Top 30 "Best Big Company to Work For".
We describe our team members, at all levels, as 'bright and breezy' people and you will need to have the right attitude for consistently living by dare to care, yes I can, keep it simple, make it fun and do the right thing for our guests. Our mission is to give our guests a great time with memories that last a lifetime. In return, we can offer you career opportunities of a lifetime.
Bourne Leisure Head Office
1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4YL GBR
30 September 2021
30 October 2021