Senior Database Development EngineerSenior Database Development Engineer
This role underpins our ability to optimise the use of our data, accelerating our agility to create performant rules-based individual communications for Guests, Owners and Prospects within both our acquisition and retention space.
By providing knowledge, support and development techniques you’ll enable a range of services using our single customer view, including, data driven marketing communications, campaign performance reporting, marketing analytics, insight-driven planning and actionable operational insight, improving delivery of our guest’s experience.
It’s an exciting time to join our Data Engineering organisation, providing growth opportunities for the right candidate. Our 5-year Data Foundation strategy provides an opportunity to work with the latest cloud technologies including Snowflake, operational data stores and event based processing capabilities.
Purpose of the role
Data drives everything, so let’s get it right. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the configuration and automation of new data feeds, processes and datasets. You will be responsible for collaboration with internal customers on how best we deliver data. You will have a lead role in the design and build of our data services work to ensure we deliver quality output, on-time every time.
• Solution finder and designer for future development road mapping.
• Triage and prescribe solutions for any new data developments and necessary data fixes.
• Maintain and improve existing processes and data sets, accommodating any changes/additions in operational data.
• Ensuring system maintenance takes place, supporting any troubleshooting where needed with the aim of maximising up time in order to ensure operational agility. • Ensure appropriate monitoring and early warning systems are in place and functioning. Support any data recoveries.
• Maintain any relevant documentation i.e. SCV & Mart Data Diagrams
• Act as a coach and mentor for less experienced members of the team
• Lead on projects as designated by the Tech Lead
Ideal key skills for this role (not all necessary):
• An established professional with demonstrable skills across Data Engineering
• Experience of coaching/mentoring
• Knowledge and Understanding of PLSQL Developer
• Knowledge and Understanding SQL.
• Proficient in the use of SAS Management Console, Information Map Studio, Enterprise Guide, Data Integration Studio, LSF, Stored Processes and.
• Developing and supporting SAS ETL processes.
• Understanding, maintaining and troubleshooting Oracle packages.
• Experience working with large datasets.
• Familiar with or wiling to become familiar with DataOps pipelining; utilising best practices and tools in order to improve productivity and avoid common mistakes. Utilising a CI/CD to help automate delivery process and collaborative working.
• Experience of using GIT for source controls, version controls, change control, tracking and managing changes.
• Using Python and/or R to reshape, aggrege or join disparate sources.
• Able to take the lead on projects
• Problem solving and decision-making skills
• Able to manage priorities and expectations of internal customers
• Friendly and confident
• Ability to work under pressure
• Prepared to take ownership and take initiative
• Strong communication skills
• Team orientated, approachable with a ‘yes I can’ attitude
• Strong organisational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Manage priorities and expectations of internal customers
• Enjoys working in a high energy team
• A confident user of a range of software packages
• Willingness to learn and adopt new technologies and understand how to integrate them to improve our platforms and services
Bourne Leisure Head Office
1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4YL GBR
3 September 2021
4 October 2021